Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Spahn Ranch Sign, Try # 3 on E-Bay....




This is "try # 3" for the "Spahn Ranch brain-storm" that I had. I wanted to make a vintage looking sign that might have been present during the Manson "Camelot" period. At the same time I wanted some satire in there--so I put Manson's face on the sign (as if to help the police locate him!). The first sign I did pictured Charlie with glow-in-the-dark eyes and got booted off E-Bay !
The second sign did not picture Mr. Manson, but merely had a "generic Manson hippie girl" pictured (with glow-in-the-dark eyes).
I put it on E-Bay and it did not sell as I could not put the word "Manson" in the listing---so it did not find it's audience.
I took the unsold sign with the girl's face, sanded her face off (ouch!) and painted over it with a generic/vintage "Devil" head. I listed it on E-Bay this week (Jan. 18,2007). Search By Seller: konga5
SO FINALLY, it turned into this:the Devil's Caver Tavern Sign! UPDATE: SOLD ON E-BAY for $76.00 ! week of FEB. 28. Whew!

1 Comments:

Blogger beautiful monster said...

six degrees of satan's bacon?....

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home