Sunday, December 03, 2006

HORROR! TERROR! and Early Art Influences !


...early influences on my embryonic art instincts. Later in life, I found out that I was NOT alone on this...
(James Bama was the artist who did most of the Aurora model kit artwork. Norm Saunders (who did the Mars Attacks cards) did most of the (early) Wacky Packages art.
I have no friggin' idea who did the Terror Tales cover art , but whoever he is, let it be known that he has warped my mind forever. (Eerie Publications was a New York based publisher that put out half a dozen CHEAP & shoddy horror magazines in the late 1960's and 1970's--Witches Tales, Horror Tales, VooDoo Tales, etc.) Their magazines were crude and demented versions of Warren Publications (Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella) . Other influences would be: Mad Magazine, Famous Monsters Magazine, Rat Fink/Weird-Ohs/Odd Rod gum cards and stickers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all tose artists too, Lance- I just never knew their names! I love the aurora boxes!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home